Thursday, June 4, 2015

Llamas & Mountains

Hope's Lesson Plan: Nature Day (Feed llamas, creek walk, play outside) My Lesson Learned: Enjoy the View My parents own a parcel of property within the city limits that is part wooded and part pasture land. On the pasture land, they have arranged it with their neighbor to work together and foster llamas. When they first told me they were planning on doing this, I thought they had lost their marbles! However, apparently there is a growing need for rescuing llamas, and their herd began as 3 and has increased to 7 in only a few months. As you can imagine, the llamas cause much curiosity and wonder amongst small children so visiting my parents house has become a fun playdate with friends. Today, the kids fed the llamas, and then took their buddies down to the creek. The kiddos splished and sploshed through the water with their nets. They were in awe of the water striders, minnows, sticks, rocks and woodpeckers. We had fun talking about insects and enjoying getting wet. Hunter was the most exuberant, "Look Mom, I caught a strider!! No, I caught TWO striders!!" Oh, to be four again! To notice the awe and wonder of creation. To stop and sit and listen. As I was reciting my memory verses today, Matthew 5:1-2 caught my attention (or rather the Holy Spirit had it catch my attention!): "Now when he saw the crowds, he went up on the mountain, and when he sat down, his disciples came to him. And he opened his mouth and taught them, saying:" Jesus sat down! Perhaps he wanted to rest, or have time with those closest to him to teach them...I don't know, but he sat down. He went up on a mountain and sat. I've climbed up a few mountains, and one of the reasons (okay maybe the only reason!) I have done it is for the view. To enjoy the majesty of a creator who formed mountains, and also the tiniest of ants. I know today that God is teaching me that I need to sit down and enjoy the view. Enjoy His creation, and the beautiful little blessings that He has entrusted in my care. Thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment